Alternative for Alfa R36 use in AWUS036NHA?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking Cards' started by yeah016, 8 Jul 2013.

1. yeah016

yeah016 New Member

Hi, I just bought my AWUS036NHA and get to knew that Alfa R36 not compatible to it. May I know any alternative for Alfa R36 that able to use in AWUS036NHA? which can share out the wireless signal that receive by AWUS036NHA? AP121U? Thank for helping. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kostja_V

Kostja_V Well-Known Member
    VIP

Yep, AP121U with OpenWRT or Wifi Pineapple firmware can do it.
    But in general, any router (with USB) with OpenWRT+driver installed can do it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. yeah016

yeah016 New Member

Thanks for the reply, but AP121U original firmware are not supported? need to do our own flash?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kostja_V

Kostja_V Well-Known Member
    VIP

Yes, AP121U with stock Alfa's firmware doesn't support external wireless adapters at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. luciamartyn

luciamartyn Member

Yes, you can consider using the AP121U as an alternative to the Alfa R36 for sharing the wireless signal received by the AWUS036NHA. The AP121U is a compact and versatile router that can function as a wireless access point. It has the capability to connect to your AWUS036NHA and broadcast the received wireless signal, allowing you to share it with other devices. The AP121U provides a reliable and efficient solution for extending the range and accessibility of your wireless network. Feel free to explore the AP121U as an option to meet your requirements.