Android DriveDroid Varies with Device

DriveDroid allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone

1. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Mr. Penguin submitted a new resource:

DriveDroid (version 0.7.7) - DriveDroid allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone

Read more about this resource...

2. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

3. bjarne

bjarne Member

Back in 2008 I used to boot my laptop from a quite simple Nokia, booting a Retro Puppy 4.**, where the entire point was to be able to run the Puppy Linux in RAM only and the freeing the phone to be replugged, but then in modem mode. Quite handy.

Since the Linux files probably are to large to be in internal memory, I must assume your software installs to external memory, such as a removable SD.
    I did some test with installing various Linux distros to the external memory of a android phone, gave it boot flag and then treated it with Grub4Dos. Works perfect

But there is a hatch. You must leave your phone plugged in to run the OS....

The benefit off adding various distros like Puppy Linux creating a ram disk, is that you can release the source memory of the OS. I think that will work for Slitaz and Tiny Core as well.

The operating system in the menu does not have the ram disk feature. Its dependent on access to source to run.

Go for Slitaz, Puppy and Tiny Core and you have freedom to unplug the phone/media, without interrupting the running OS on PC.

4. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Mr. Penguin updated DriveDroid with a new update entry:

What's New

Read the rest of this update entry...