Fluxion-0.23 (update/edited for TC term)

Discussion in 'Scripts & Commands' started by r1sen, 8 Jan 2018.

1. r1sen

r1sen Mod
    Staff Member Moderator Dev Team VIP

TP-Link or Belkin brands seem to make the biggest variety off the shelf, and i've never had to compile or add drivers into "modprobe.d" or anything in pretty much any linux - that being said (ASUS and belkin) are not supported so well in Tiny Core based disro's, but Kali, parrot, ubuntu, debian you should be good. I would say tp-link is probably most supported and uses realtek chipsets. So.. tp-link I would say is good for AP, just make sure always before you order, check the chipset and card version to make sure everything is always supported and up to date in your distro.

2. my house

my house Well-Known Member

Can I know where you live?
    --- Double Post Merged, 1 Feb 2018, Original Post Date: 1 Feb 2018 ---
    Can I know where you live?

Do you know how to check installed drivers in Kali?

3. r1sen

r1sen Mod

hmm.. you'd have to check what drivers are compiled into your kernal/distro release - I have only needed to use lsmod from the command line but that just lists currently installed/used drivers.
    --- Double Post Merged, 1 Feb 2018, Original Post Date: 1 Feb 2018 ---
    ok - try using "Caja" or what ever file manager you have - probably Caja and go here:

(/lib/modules/*kernal type*/kernal/drivers/net/wireless) should give you an idea of what's installed already

4. my house

my house Well-Known Member

Ok thanks :)

5. longshanks

longshanks Well-Known Member
    VIP

I've been using a TP-Link wn722n v.1, it came with a 4dbi antenna, i removed it and replaced it with a 9dbi one.
    It's great for injection and packet collection. Today i got a handshake with it 50-60ft away through a concrete wall.
    I tested it out using fluxion (evil twin attack) and it worked fine. The router was a D-Link :)

6. r1sen

r1sen Mod

I definitely like TP-Link, at least with my experience they have pretty high-end collection/intercept capabilities. I have a knock-off AWUS036H RT2870/3070 that just completely sucks with packet collection - that being said I keep it around because with a 9dbi antenna and 2000mw it injects pretty good, or jams. Together the two make a pretty good team. Played around with quite a few, at the end of the day I just keep a bundle of different USB dongles for intercept, inject, interfere, jam, ap, etc - just can't find that all in one dream piece lol. That being said lol also having a laptop with multiple usb 2/3 ports helps with that. Otherwise, yeah, time to pay out for that fancy stuff lol

#26 r1sen, 23 Mar 2018
    Last edited: 24 Mar 2018