Linux Hashcat 5.0.0 *UPDATE*

Discussion in 'Software Downloads' started by r1sen, 31 Oct 2018.

1. r1sen

r1sen Mod
    Staff Member Moderator Dev Team VIP

OpenCL "OCLHashcat" status:

Resolved r+rw issues - had to compile with --prefix=/home/tc/.hashcat to avoid read-only conflict

Fortunately hashcat 5.0.0 and 5.1.0 do compile in 32bit environment - Sadly OCL-ICD loaders for CPU architecture needed for OCL to function I can only find in 64bit source, Hashcat compiles within the current 32bit TinyPaw but the needed GPU/CPU OCL available does not. OCL-Hashcat is for the time SUSPENDED.

32bit hashcat for CPU only was built if interested in cracking *.hccap within TinyPaw - Otherwise *.cap converted to *.hccapx via aircrack-ng or hcxpcaptool will need to be offloaded

standalone *.bin for 32bit system using: *CPU-ONLY - would recommend VM use to restrict CPU consumption*

hashcat-cli32 is version 2.0.0

SourceForge:

hashcat-cli32.bin

BitBucket:

hashcat-cli32.bin

Installation & Usage:

1.) Download "hashcat-cli32.bin" from either above repository.

2.) Standalone so can be executed by the following within your terminal/cli:

sudo ./hashcat-cli32.bin --help (for help and usage options)

sudo ./hashcat-cli32.bin -m 2500 /path/to/your_converted_cap.hccap /path/to/your_wordlist.txt

toggle "s" during process for status and "r" to resume

*.HCCAP format not *.HCCAPX

*.cap conversion:

sudo aircrack-ng -J /path/to/your_output.hccap /path/to/your_input.cap

DO NOT USE HCXPCAPTOOL - will generate invalid EAPOL SIZE

By request of the TinyPaw community and accidental exclusion on my part, here is hashcat v5.0.0

What is hashcat?

"
    hashcat is the world's fastest and most advanced password recovery utility, supporting five unique modes of attack for over 200 highly-optimized hashing algorithms. hashcat currently supports CPUs, GPUs, and other hardware accelerators on Linux, Windows, and macOS, and has facilities to help enable distributed password cracking.

"

Quoted from the project github: https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat

SourceForge:

hashcat-5.0.0.tcz

BitBucket:

hashcat-5.0.0.tcz

Installation:

1.) Download the extension from either of the above repositories.'

2.) Copy the extension to your (*/tce/optional/) directory.

3.) Open your onboot.lst file located in your (*/tce/) directory and make the following changes:

- add line item: hashcat-5.0.0.tcz

*make sure to include one extra empty line at the bottom of your onboot.lst*

4.) Save the changes you've made by either "file+save" or "cntl+s" and close your editor.

5.) Reboot your system and hashcat will be ready to use.

#1 r1sen, 31 Oct 2018
    Last edited: 8 Dec 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. longshanks

longshanks Well-Known Member
    VIP

Thanks for the heads up, i better up grade my favorite tool.:smuggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Touching on this more -

After compiling yet still "ocl-icd-2.2.12" and fiddling around with video and CPU emulation and passthru - I am still encountering:

clGetPlatformIDs() CL_PLATFORM_NOT_FOUND_KHR

which upon reading and searching still seems to double back to an Intel CL architectural driver package and even going back to legacy release source still only seem available for Linux in _64

Seemingly for the moment architectural pairing/offloading of CPU/GPU will be on standby until a 64bit release of TinyPaw

*If the community has input I always appreciate and listen*

4. r1sen

r1sen Mod

*few beers in*

So some digging, tying the pocl approach "portable computing language"

Project github: https://github.com/pocl/pocl

Implementation of OpenCL compatible with 32bit architecture.. This is one of those things that will consume me until I know it is not possible - or at least not possible due to architecture and not just me o_O