How to Increase Google Drive Space

Discussion in 'Resources' started by joy mukherjee, 10 Jan 2019.

1. joy mukherjee

joy mukherjee Member

Let’s see how to recover lots of Drive space.

Go to Google Drive in a web browser and then click Bin in the panel on the left.

The contents of the Bin, all the files and folders you have ever deleted, are listed. Right at the top is a Bin menu and clicking it enables you to empty the Bin. Don’t do it!

The Bin is useful and tomorrow, next week or next month, you might find that you need a file that you once deleted. Thanks to the Bin, you can find that file, right click it and restore it to its original location, or open it and access it, download it and so on.

Go to the right side of the window and click the column labelled Last modified. Click it again if necessary so that the arrow points down. This means that the files are sorted with the most recent at the top and the oldest at the bottom.

Now scroll all the way to the bottom of the list of files in the Bin. Keep scrolling until it will not scroll any more. It might pause once or twice, so you think that you are at the bottom, but keep going.

Click the last file at the bottom of the Bin to select it. Scroll back a bit and click the first file you want to delete. Then right click them and select Delete forever.

I found files that I had deleted in 2013. It’s probably safe to say that I will never need them, so I selected all the 2013 files and deleted them. You can delete some more and it is up to you how many to delete. I decided to keep all files deleted in the last year and to clear all others.

The amount of space you will recover depends on how many files are in the Bin and how big they are. Google Docs, Sheets and Slides do not count towards the space used on Drive, but other files do.

Click here for source

• About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K