Windows Multiboot USB Creator

Discussion in 'Software Downloads' started by estimacamry, 24 Jan 2013.

1. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

2. firesheep

firesheep Well-Known Member
    Donator I

3. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Anyone tried this? I've managed to install Backtrack, Xiaopan 0.4.4 and Reaver Pro into a single USB. Both Backtrack and Xiaopan boots successfully except Reaver Pro won't boot. It gives me this error could not find ramdisk image: /multiboot/ubuntu1004/casper/initrd.lz Reaver Pro boots successfully now after renaming the file extension from initrd.gz to initrd.lz :yes
    reaverpro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. vampiricbunny1800

vampiricbunny1800 Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

nice walk though ok so what am i doing wrong all i get is iso not found ? i posted my setup and pics in my other post ..

5. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

What distros you want to have on your liveUSB? I will try to walk you tru with the setup using yumi

6. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

i dont much care whatever works on my vmware it is gnome 64

as for what i want on yumi drive ?
    abysm-beta
    bt 5r3
    passcape.iso
    weakerth4n blueghost
    win reset pwtool
    xiaopan-os 4.5
    ========
    once i get this figure out it will be cool i got a 16 gig verbatim the size of a thumbnail =)
    ========
    --- Double Post Merged, 25 Mar 2013 ---
    id also like to set aside some room for it to remember what i had such as word files or programs

7. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Ok lets start with BT, aby$m os and xiaopan. The rest I would need time for some trial and error testing as I've never use those before.
    1. Format USB as FAT32
    2. Run yumi and choose your drive
    3. For BT5...Select Distribution>> Back Track 5 >> browse and select your iso>>create>>Once finish hit add another
    4. For Xiaopan...Select "Tiny Core Linux">> browse and select your iso>>create>>Once finish hit add another
    5. For Aby$m os...Select "Slitax">> browse and select your iso>>create>>Once finish>>If ask to add another just hit "no"
    Finish installing,
    1. Go to multiboot folder, delete syslinux.cfg and replace with this http://www.mediafire.com/?lv07puin4h4ch66
    2. /multiboot/menu/ replace or add all this>>
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zr4dz691s8tdtyq >>add Aby$m.cfg
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tjbtq8hv3qlnckk >>replace tiny core.cfg
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ycvemmu06shw6gh >>replace linux.cfg
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tsmh3c2vhzy1p8u >>add bt5.cfg
    3. Delete/remove system.cfg from multiboot/menu
    Good luck
    --- Double Post Merged, 25 Mar 2013, Original Post Date: 25 Mar 2013 ---
    vampiricbunny1800
    If you have successfully followed the steps of creating a multiboot USB, we gonna move on to the next distro passcape
    1. Run yumi and select distribution >> Window Vista/7/8 - don't worry about those installed distro as yumi provides you with the flexibility to add in more or remove certain distro without effecting the rest.
    2. Browse and select your ISO then hit create - once done click finish
    3. Go to multiboot, open up syslinux.cfg with notepad. Remove these lines

label System Tools
    menu label System Tools ->
    MENU INDENT 1
    kernel vesamenu.c32
    APPEND /multiboot/menu/system.cfg

label Other Operating Systems and Tools
    menu label Other Operating Systems and Tools ->
    MENU INDENT 1
    kernel vesamenu.c32
    APPEND /multiboot/menu/other.cfg

4. Hit save and close
    5. Now go to multiboot/menu/ open up other.cfg and copy these lines to linux.cfg

label Windows Vista/7/8 Installer (note- you can remove "Windows Vista/7/8 Installer" and change it to "Passcape")
    menu label Windows Vista/7/8 Installer (note- you can remove "Windows Vista/7/8 Installer" and change it to "Passcape")
    MENU INDENT 1
    COM32 /multiboot/chain.c32 fs ntldr=/bootmgr

New lines after changing the label name

label passcape
    menu passcape
    MENU INDENT 1
    COM32 /multiboot/chain.c32 fs ntldr=/bootmgr

6. Save "modified" linux.cfg before exit
    7. Remove/delete other.cfg from multiboot/menu
    8. Ok, now reboot into usb and you should see a list of distros in the boot menu
    • BackTrack 5 R3
    • Xiaopan
    • Aby$m-OS
    • Passcape
    Will be back with the rest.....give me some time;)

8. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

my backtrack r3 does not show up in yumi under bt only other os that normal ?

9. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Did you follow my method above? Did you miss any step?

10. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

I have an alternative for this...I always use it for all my linux distros and never failed me. Super easy to use..Linux Live USB Creator..
    http://www.linuxliveusb.com/
    Even UNebootin has failed but not this one..give it a try! :D

I would like to apologize for my error. You guys are talking about a multi-boot tool..the one i mentioned i believe its not meant for that but it will create a live USB flawlessly.:D

11. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

for some reason yumi wont work let me show you these pics proof that the only 2 things that work are unkonw os or windows 7 all the cds i have show up under windows but if you install as such dont work if you install under other os it will just not even read the disk
    --- Double Post Merged, 27 Mar 2013 ---
    i'll the the lunix live but i need it to boot more than 1 off the same usb so i hope that can do it

Attached Files:

12. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Be patience vampiricbunny1800 :p It works for me and it will work for you too. Take a look at this picture and you would understand why it doesn't work for you:D
    vp.png

Just for your info, I'm having difficulties installing "weakerth4n blueghost" to liveUSB. Will need more time to play around with it;)

13. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

ok i will work on that today but i dont think it will show up i have the issue where even when i do boot bt from a usb it still wont work
    thanks for the info i'll get back to you tmw or sat after i play with this a while i'm kinda confused what the issue is
    --- Double Post Merged, 30 Mar 2013 ---
    ==========================================

ok i got it working it worked once but would NOT install bt to the usb it would only run it live and i found i had to run it with "no drm" drivers or whatever

after i formated the usb so it was 14 gigs it would NOT boot again just like before but the good news is yumi works however it cannot repeat my success and why bt would not install it said error 0,0,0 drive busy i just need about 1 gig of memory for it to not be live and have memory (( so i can make notes nothing fancy ))) also the unetbootin-windows-583 and lunix live will not boot the bt it says bad video card and locks up before it even boots so the only way i can get it to work is with yumi .....

however it wont work again ><;;
    http://www.linuxliveusb.com/#sthash.SYlDvMXr.dpuf

http://www.linuxliveusb.com/#sthash.SYlDvMXr.dpuf

14. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

Im having trouble with BitDefender..I get a black screen..frustrating! :banghead:Can't seem to find a solution:arghh:
    --- Double Post Merged, 9 Apr 2013 ---
    Im having trouble with BitDefender..I get a black screen..frustrating! :banghead:Can't seem to find a solution:arghh:

15. linkunarre

linkunarre Active Member

i'm not sure if this is the correct place but...

i've been trying to install xiaopan OS on my USB, but i cant boot from it. i've tried a lot of things... i'm using windows 8, and i think that it's beause microsoft are making their OS more and more for people who don't know what does BIOS or Dual-Boot mean.

i tried to enter the BIOS (which was an infinite effort because of the win8) and then changing the boot order so the USB FDD, USB HDD and USB CD/DVD where on the top, but it didn't boot with that, it still boot with win8. then i changed from UEFI to Legacy BIOS, but then it first said "couldn't find OS". and now, if i press F12 to select boot, it sends an error in 0.1 seconds so i can't read it, and sends me back to the boot select screen. With Legacy BIOS i can't even boot up win8.

if you need the specs of my pc to help me, just ask me for them ;)

16. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Its always practical to have more info before asking for help. Pictures would do great too. I'm not using Window 8 but I think it has nothing to do with your error. Boot menu gives us option to boot from hard disk or any other drives so as long as you point to the correct boot order it should work;) Have you try different software of creating your liveUSB? Are using different software gives you the same error? How did you create your liveUSB? More infos would be helpful!

17. linkunarre

linkunarre Active Member

oh yes, i forgot. i created the life USB myself, with two programs i found around here , with unetbootin and yumi pendrive, and with both i get the same error. also i formated it first into FAT32 , it's a 1GB pendrive. also i thought that it might be the pendrive itself, but i don't have any other to test that. its an U3 pendrive, those that have a small ROM with software to use the pendrive. i don't know what more to tell you... what images do you want? the bios boot config or something?

18. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

What option did you get in your boot menu and which did you select?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

19. linkunarre

linkunarre Active Member

boot mode: UEFI/ legacy bios (tried both, legacy doesn't find any OS)
    Secure boot: disabled
    Boot order:
    1- USB HDD: sandisk U3 Cruzer Micro
    2- USB CD/DVD Sandisk U3 Cruzer Micro 1
    3- USB FDD:
    4- HDD0: Hitachi HTS545050A7E380
    5- ATAPI CD/DVD: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU61N
    6- Network Boot:
    7- Windows Boot Manager

also, more info. i tried the pendrive on another pc and it worked perfectly.
    --- Double Post Merged, 26 Apr 2013 ---
    more info, i thought i could try to disable the HDD to force it to boot from the USB, but in my bios i can't disable devices...
    --- Double Post Merged, 26 Apr 2013 ---
    more things... i tried with the built in function in win8 to restart and boot from another device... and it's not working

20. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

You've a working liveUSB. Its your boot menu that you should troubleshoot.

I have an old Kingston usb too. When I hit Bootmenu I get this
    Code:
    Select All
    Internal HDD : SATA ODD : DVD_RW USB ODD : Kingston Data Traveler USB HDD : Kingston Data Traveler Network Boot :
    So to boot from usb I selected USB HDD. Have you change your "Bios Setup Utility" so USB as your 1st Drive and make sure "usb boot" is ENABLE
    EDIT: After some browsing, I've made to understand that in order to boot from USB you need to change from UEFI to Legacy but be careful as you might screw up your WIN8 OS. My advice is to get more information from Window 8 support forum before doing any adjustment. Just to share a helpful advice from a forum if you screw up your OS
    "Solved -I went to System Recovery while starting up by hitting F11, then used the option to restore the comp back to factory settings. It installed Windows 8 in UEFI Mode"