Recommended WiFi Adapter...

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking Cards' started by aHCai, 15 Dec 2012.

1. aHCai

aHCai Member

hello guys..i need to find new wifi adapter..currently im using Alfa AWUS036NHR and im truly disappointed with it..it got full or 4 bar signal but the speed is rubbish..so slow..this happen when im in my room..but if im outside my room (at the balcony) (im using college network btw..and the speed is quite nice..i can get around 230KBps download speed)..and the connection is unstable..suddently its limited access and suddently the adapter turn off on it self (-.-)
    need to unplug n plug in back..im selling this card n need to find replacement..does any guru here recommend any wifi adapter that is quite powerful and mostly important to me STABLE or any setup that i need to do..i prefer Alfa coz i know the quality..but other brand also can..got my eyes on NHA but dunno its worth it or not..i dun want to buy and regret like i did with the NHR..thanx guys for your time ^^

2. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

I have a NHR that just died in less than 1 year (so much for quality) but I wasn't happy with it either since it got significantly less signal strength than my NH. I have a NHA now that really sucks for strength even with a 14dbi panel and it is up for sale. I have a Kasens 9000 (RTL8187L) that should be here any day now and I'll report back on that. The NHA is reported to have a faster throughput than the NHR but speed was never a problem for me. My NHR would get 2000kb/s easy.
    --- Double Post Merged, 19 Dec 2012 ---
    OK my Kasens 9000 RTL8187L came today and it totally smokes the NHR & NHA for signal strength. The NHA sucks balls. The NH and H or Kasens 9000 are the best ones.

3. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

Thing that i want to say:

1) WATCH WAHT YOUR TALKING...MUCH BETTER WORD THAN WHAT U USE.
    2) NHA WEAK CARD AND H IS STRONG CARD...LIKE I MENTION BEFORE:

AWUS036H : STRENGHT 90%, SIGNAL QUALITY 10%
    AWUS036NHA : STRENGHT 10% SIGNAL QUALITY 90%
    AWUS036NHR: STRENGHT 50%, SIGNAL QUALITY 50%

How about u buy a radiation detection device, and compare with both ALFA and Kasens....

PEOPLE USE H for injection and the ability to detect wifi far away
    PEOPLE USE NHA for injection and the ability to get high signal quality which mean if u get one bar wifi, u get speed exact with 5bar(full)
    PEOPLE USE NHR for normal use in daylife and share the wifi using ALFA R36

IM HERE NOT TO PRAISE ALFA PRODUCT AND TO INSULT CHINA PRODUCT, BUT YOUR WORD MAKE ME VERY MAD. IM NOT TO DEFEND PRODUCT I USE...U ONLY DIDNT MAKE RESEARCH BEFORE MAKE DECISION.

SORRY FOR MY BAD GRAMMARS:)
    hope u understand, Im sorry for rude words

4. Remington

VIP

Yes I see English is not your 1st language. Dude I have 3 ALFAs, I'm not hating on ALFA I'm just going on my own experience. We agree that the RTL8187L is the best and NHA the worst. Why does ALFA say on the box that NHA has 8x extended distance same as the NHR when it is so much weaker? My NHR died after 10 months so is cheap Chinese electronics any better than cheap Taiwanese electronics? I know the Kasens only cost me $19 and has a better antenna so if it lasts a few years I'll be very happy. My NH that I sold to my friend is still going after 2 years and I was very happy with that. It's the newer NHR & NHA that I'd never buy again and I'm trying to sell the NHA. No money back guarantee though :D.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Crackerz Wave

Yes, i also not hating chinese product as i sometimes also use chinese product. But it actually not alfa fault. If u see, NH and NHR is 2000Mw but actually NHA is less than that, The ALFA Staff told me. That why, NHA is the weakest card that ALFA sold. All card maybe has been 'overclocked' but NHA only little they increase the Mw. But NHA has the best signal quality card.

6. Remington

VIP

Yes I know the NHA & H are 1000Mw and NHR & NH are 2000Mw. I did a side by side comparison of the NH Vs NHR and the NH using the Alfa 7dbi panel and the same signal strength as the NHR connected to the 14dbi panel as I have in pic. I would only buy a 3070 or 8187 chipped Alfa or Kasens. I don't see any weakness with the signal quality with the Kasens 9000 8187L as it is more stable than my NHR & NHA. Another problem with the NHA is the Atheros software because you can't adjust any settings. I like the Realtek software because you can unlock settings to adjust TX Power and many more things. Hey do you now if changing the channel plan makes any improvement in TX power?Or should I leave it at FCC?

7. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

I'm comfortable with my RTL8187 chipset for my pentesting so far. Planned to purchase Alfa NHA in the beginning but end up with a China made product with RTL8187:D. Guess I'm not the adventorous type to pentest different chipset;)
    Crackerz Wave
    I always welcome reviews on any products from real users rather than reading product sites. These reviews will keep you alert and make you wanna know more. Anyway Xmas is around the corner so stay happy and CHEERS!!!:dance

8. dooogle

dooogle Well-Known Member

I have 2 Alfa 036H, 1 Alfa 036NH and 2 Alfa 036NHR.
    For some unknown reasons one Alfa 036NHR just
    can't receive signals few months into service. I got
    a replacement from the seller.

I will only recommend 036H.

9. Crackerz Wave

dooogle has update driver as my friend fix his problems by update driver

10. dooogle

dooogle Well-Known Member

Hi Crackerz Wave.
    I have tried that by using lastest driver.
    In my case the NHR just had a fault and only
    can detect my own wifi with 1-2 bars strength
    in same room.

11. Crackerz Wave

maybe u got faulty adapter......

12. Remington

VIP

Yes could be faulty. The same thing happened to my NHR. Put PC to sleep came back and I could only get 8% signal strength from a router that I usually got 95%. It was acting like no antenna was connected because when I took antenna off there was no difference.

13. Crackerz Wave

Remington , My NHA still good but the antenna (not the holder) already make problem...it not tight anymore....but i take care of it with full of my heart as it use my money :p

14. Remington

VIP

What kind of antenna are you using? I recommend a 14dbi panel like I have pictured in this thread and avatar. A 19dbi panel would be even better.

15. Crackerz Wave

Remington , only 5dbi........are sure that the antenna? look like only piece of metal, sorry

16. Remington

VIP

^^^My avatar doesn't look like a piece of metal, that is just the backing. Way better than a 5dbi omni. The ALFA 7dbi panel is also good for mobile use. I also have this small 11dbi panel for mobile use.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Crackerz Wave

Remington, i mean is in above picture..sorry

18. rempit

rempit Well-Known Member
    VIP

I am owner of 4 different brands of wifi adaptor

1. Signalkings
    2. EnGenius
    3. ALFA
    4. Comfast

I would say all works great, it all depends on your setup, nothing much to do with brands/manufacturers :D:yes

19. Remington

VIP

^^^Absolutely. That's why did want to pay a $13 premium to get an ALFA 8187L over a Kasens 8187L. When it comes to cheap Chinese/Taiwanese electronics it's luck of the draw.

20. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin