TinyPaw-Linux v1.5

Lightweight Linux WiFi pentesting distro.

1. r1sen

r1sen Mod
    Staff Member Moderator Dev Team VIP

r1sen submitted a new resource:

TinyPaw-Linux - Lightweight Linux pen-test distro.

Read more about this resource...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Good stuff. Made a background that highlights all the goodies. :sneaky:

TinyPaw Linux Background.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Love it! I saw WiFi'esque slide show one on your Facebook - definitely good :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Credit goes to wordclouds.com

5. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Indeed - though, you're the one that presented it :p

Regardless - very cool!

#5 r1sen, 6 Apr 2018
    Last edited: 6 Apr 2018
  6. n33lixx

n33lixx Member

Hi, i have an old notebook (without cdrom /dvd) and want to install tinypaw on it using USB, how it will work ?
    I tried rufus, unetbootin, universal usb installer, but it all has failed. i highly doubt its even possible because iam not new to linux.

thanks

7. r1sen

r1sen Mod

I have done a USB install, it is not impossible at all? I ripped the ISO to CD though, booted live with the installer option and installed to the mounted USB dirve (sdb1).

Or, partition your USB device in half, mount the live run on half and boot into it, then mount and install on the other half of the USB device. Otherwise if you rip the ISO to the entire device you will not be able to unmount and install on it during live run.

You did mean install and run off USB device correct? persistent USB install?

#7 r1sen, 7 Apr 2018
    Last edited: 7 Apr 2018
  8. n33lixx

n33lixx Member

Sry u might missunderstood me because my native languange is german ...

I simply tried to install tinypaw to my notebooks hdd using a usb pen drive as medium, but when i boot into bios select boot from usb tinypaw wont boot, nothing will happen ...

9. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Give me one sec - let my test again with the newest build

10. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Hmm interesting, that is an issue. Installing to USB, running off usb works just fine. Yet, yes - the live .iso boots in VM and CD yet USB doesn't boot the initial .iso only installed and mounted.. I am looking into this :/ Apologies

11. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

@r1sen @n33lixx could be a BIOS issue UEFI only perhaps. I highly recommend a dual boot system. That way you could have Windows, TinyPaw and Mac or Linux on different partitions for more flexibility. Also consider using TinyPaw as a VM in Windows too.

Man if you had the time to do all the documentation and easy to use videos this TinyPaw could be a good little income earner for you.

12. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Ah yes, if only I had infinite amount of time in a day lol

And yes, I personally run Linux with about a million cluster VM's - I haven't used Windows since XP :p

13. n33lixx

n33lixx Member

@r1sen

hopefully you could fix it next days, iam unable to use cdrom / dvd on this old notebook (1,2ghz 2gb ram) i need tinypaw to be installed on this old laptop, because its a handy, lightweigh, little weapon, which is easy to carry around and it has already an inbuild monitor mode able wifi card. i dont want to install ubuntu on it,vmware, and mount tinypaw to get it to work .... that would be shitty

14. r1sen

r1sen Mod

I agree - I am literally working on it now, I am testing other boot rippers, iso burners and usb-live writers, I will keep you posted.

• Like Like x 1
  15. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Done and done @n33lixx

SourceForge: TinyPaw_v1.1.1_hybrid.iso

BitBucket: TinyPaw_v1.1.1_hybrid.iso

Used "isohybrid ~/path_to/TinyPaw_v.1.1.1.iso" and converted for USB live boot. It partitions only the space of the USB device needed by the iso as a bootable hybrid ntfs and leaves the remainder as free space that can be mounted. Every release from this point will have a isohybrid clone. Traditional .iso burn just partitions the entire USB and dumped the iso inside - why USB installation worked fine but live boot was broken. The issue was not the burn, the .iso needed the hybrid conversion for USB live boot ~

#15 r1sen, 8 Apr 2018
    Last edited: 8 Apr 2018
  16. r1sen

r1sen Mod

17. n33lixx

n33lixx Member

hi thanks for fixing it, which software you have used to burn the new iso to usb ? i tried rufus and it still fails... will try unetbootin now

18. r1sen

r1sen Mod

I used standard Ubuntu "startup disk creator" or - right click *.iso and select open with "disk image writer" also - depending on your bios you need to disable UEFI or enable legacy boot.

1.) Unmount, wipe partition and format USB device.

2.) Using (for me) Ubuntu startup disk creator, burn TinyPaw_v1.1.1_hybrid.iso to USB device.

3.) After .iso is burned you should see a bootable ntfs partition on your USB device. *see following post*

4.) Inserted bootable USB device in my laptop USB2.0 port and verified legacy boot is enabled.

5.) Booted laptop but halted boot process and selected "generic usb flash disk" from boot menu.
    *manually, on my system it refuses to auto-boot from USB, but selecting it manually functions just fine*

6.) TinyPaw_v1.1.1 booted successfully in both "LIVE" and "Installer" modes.

#18 r1sen, 8 Apr 2018
    Last edited: 8 Apr 2018
  19. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Here are screenshots - also on my HP laptop, I have legacy boot enabled, UEFI disabled and I still need to select "generic USB flash drive" from bios boot menu~

Screenshot at 2018-04-08 00:07:12.png Screenshot at 2018-04-08 00:08:02.png Screenshot at 2018-04-08 00:09:25.png IMG_20180408_001027.jpg IMG_20180408_001413.jpg IMG_20180408_001418.jpg IMG_20180408_001430.jpg IMG_20180408_001507.jpg

20. n33lixx

n33lixx Member

I found out what was the problem ... I had to turn off secure boot on bios and enable csm. i used universal usb installer on windows to burn iso on usb. it finally runs now yeah !.

many thanks