Issue Using GPU & Pyrit for Cracking in Kali or Xiaopan

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by vampiricbunny1800, 10 May 2013.

1. vampiricbunny1800

vampiricbunny1800 Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

Have you researched the issue before?:
    this is for backtack i just found i am running 4000 pmk on my bt or xiaopan and i am NOT even using my video cards i got nvidia geforce gtx 560m ( for a laptop) can anybody give me a walkthough for kali or xia how to get the proper video drivers ? pls i wanna test pyrit with good drivers in it​
    What is the Issue?:
    this is for backtack i just found i am running 4000 pmk on my bt or xiaopan and i am NOT even using my video cards i got nvidia geforce gtx 560m ( for a laptop) can anybody give me a walkthough for kali or xia how to get the proper video drivers ? pls i wanna test pyrit with good drivers in it​
    Ultimately, What are you trying to achieve?:
    Hack WPA with a Dictionary attack with FeedingBottle
    What is your wireless device model?:
    nha
    USB or Internal Device?:
    USB
    How are you using it?:
    I am using Xiaopan as a LiveCD
    Operating System:
    Windows
    If you used a Live CD or USB How did you create it?:
    yumi
    What version:
    Xiaopan 0.4.2.1

2. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

vampiricbunny1800
    I believe that you have an optimus technology lappy (Optimus technology, designed to make switching between integrated and discrete graphics in a laptop) I have one too, tried it with Backtrack and I ran into much error. See this https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/oclhashcat-plus-back-track-5r3-gnome-32bit.3103/#post-11877 . With my shallow knowledge on linux, I eventually scrap the idea of working with Backtrack. Then I tested it with Ubuntu 12.04 and have successfully running pyrit with my Nvidia card. See this https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/ubuntu-12-04-with-nvidia-optimus-technology.3815/#post-12636 . Another thing is that, I've failed many times getting it to work on a liveUSB with persistent so I installed the distro to my hard disk and everything work perfectly. If you come across a way of getting it to work on Backtrack ( liveUSB ) please share it coz I'm interested getting my hand on it too;)

3. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

i have a fn key and a graphics button to switch back and forth ..

hmm thats sad i hope it was a easy fix :(

4. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Well its easy for someone who knows how:p but definitely not me, I spent 2 faking weeks just to get my Ubuntu up and running with Nvidia:(

5. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

well thanks for the effort dude seriously =) i hope i get it working i will put it on a pen drive and test it there so it keeps the memory may take a few weeks i gotta buy a new pen drive XD

6. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

You will need to install graphics-tinycore.tcz and xorg nvidia needs xorg3d i think.
    Ati and intel can be set up with no problems nvidia is another problem you will probably need to build bumblebee to use them them.
    Then install the cuda sdk if you use the compat drivers in the development section they have gpu updates in them.

7. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

mostly i use backtrack to crack the passwords if i need to do it just like it more so really that's the one i need working

8. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

9. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

I don't think its possible anymore because you need bbswitch-dkms for bumblebee and I've just notice this from its developer
    "FYI, Lucid support is dropped in April 2013, you are suggested to upgrade to 12.04 Precise or newer."

10. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

what if i install it but install it to a usb ??? think the drivers will work then? i hate having a bad ass pc and not being able to use it (even if i wont) i want the ability lol

11. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

12. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

i'm running kali now that's the drivers i was asking for .
    --- Double Post Merged, 27 May 2013, Original Post Date: 13 May 2013 ---
    ok i have crashed my computer about 20 times trying to get this to work ANYBODY got suggestions 3500 to 5000 pmk is just not going to cut it i need to use my gpu and hash cat just does not seem to work for me id rather use pryit with crunch i just understand it better even hashcat only seems to give 13000 pmk i have a 1.5ghz nvidia gforce 560m has anybody had this issue or can fix this issue to get this working with backtrack (i have tryed it as the main os from live disk off a usb in vm ware the works i am going NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!! help me out anybody i'm about to shoot myself