Question What Ways to Crack WPA/WPA2?

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by johner15, 20 Jan 2013.

1. johner15

johner15 New Member

Hi guys I use reaver to crack my router's WPA2 and WPA security, It's slow I know but it actually helps if you are close to the AP. Do you guys know any other way to crack WPA?, wpscrack does the same exact thing but in a different layout visually. A dictionary attack is pretty useless since I don't use it anymore. time. So any thoughts?
    I just want to know if there is a faster way than reaver I have heard of a commercial version of it but I guess is not that fast to be such a big deal, I bet it takes at least 5-8 hours like the free version. Thanks

2. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer
    Staff Member Moderator VIP

Hello;)

There are several ways to break or find a key to encrypt using WPA.

- Reaver ( or Reaver PRO ) if WPS is enabled ... (knowing that some routers do not support the attack)
    - A dictionary with the chance to have the key to the interior of the latter
    - A rogue AP well done, but it requires to be close to the target

There is no exact science for crack WPA but different techniques and ingenuity;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

Reaver can crack WPA/WPA2 in way less than 5-8 hours. At least it does for me.

• About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K