Will either one of these work with Reaver Pro

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking Cards' started by janem, 14 Jan 2014.

1. janem

janem Member

I had asked this in another person's thread and realized it might be a better idea to start my own.
    I have Reaver Pro and VM ready to go but the card on my HP Pavilion G7 will not go into monitor mode. I looked around and found theses two:

Amazon.com : EDUP EP-MS6528 RTL8187L 802.11b/g 10dBi Antenna Wireless Wifi USB Adapter Card : Usb Network Adapters : Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: QQ-Tech® 1500mW 802.11 B/G High-Gain USB Wireless WiFi Network Adapter with 6dBi Antenna RTL8187L Chipset - for Wardriving & Range Extension: Computers & Accessories

Can anyone tell me if either of these will work with Reaver Pro?

Thanks, Jane

2. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

Yes the RTL8187L will work with Reaver Pro.

3. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

4. janem

janem Member

Thanks for the response and information. I didn't know about internal cards and visualization. I am very much a newbie and need to learn.
    I ended up ordering this adapter:

Amazon.com: Alfa AWUS036H Upgraded to 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g High Gain USB Wireless Long-Rang WiFi network Adapter with 5dBi Antenna - for Wardriving & Range Extension: Computers & Accessories

It had some good reviews and seemed like the best option. It arrived last night so I will be trying it out later today. Hopefully everything works out OK.