WPA HASH creation Airolib-NG, genpmk (cowpatty)

Discussion in 'Dictionary, Password & Wordlists' started by Aby$m, 1 Nov 2012.

1. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

For anyone who is interested in creating their own WPA Hash table, I will provide the commands to do so, but keep in mind that it takes twice as long to generate the Hash and you can only use it against a single ESSID.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Create Hash Database with airolib-ng:

airolib-ng wpa_db --import passwd [Passlst]
    airolib-ng wpa_db --import essid [File] #(Create file with Essid inside)# "echo [ESSID] > essid"
    airolib-ng wpa_db --stats
    airolib-ng wpa_db --clean all
    airolib-ng wpa_db --batch
    airolib-ng wpa_db --verify all

Use WPA Hash with aircrack:

aircrack-ng -r [wpa_db] [.cap]

Create cowpatty WPA Hash with genpmk and use it in cowpatty:

genpmk -s [ESSID] -d [Output HASH] -f [Passlst]

cowpatty -s [ESSID] -r [.cap] -d [Output HASH]

________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If you have any questions regarding this post don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Aby$m.

2. easy1

easy1 Member

where do you put this command in the XiaoPan terminal ? and what is the Root password for XiaoPan 4.3b ?

3. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

Just to be clear I use BT5 to create WPA Hashes.

In regards to "where do you put this command in the XiaoPan terminal ?" I do not believe XiaoPan has Airolib-NG installed by default as a result the Airolib-NG commands would fail, however cowpatty is installed by default and as such genpmk works perfectly fine in creating hashes.

An example of genpmk in terminal:
    tc@box:~$genpmk -s linksys -d ./wpa_hash -f /root/dic.txt
    -s Network SSID -d Output hash file -f Dictionary file

In regards to "what is the Root password for XiaoPan 4.3b ?" I haven't got a clue, it would be best to direct this question to one of the forum Administrators.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cheers,

Aby$m.

4. vampirediaries

airolib-ng is not installed on my xiaopan, how can install airolib-ng

5. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

You need to compile Aircrack-ng with airolib-ng support or you can just copy the "aircrack-ng.tcz" I have already made in my distrobution Aby$m-OS Beta 0.0.0.3.

~Aby$m.

• About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K