RŌNIN is a linux security distribution (based on Lubuntu) that provides a platform for both training and conducting professional data forensics, penetration testing, and incident response.
The primary objective of RŌNIN is to provide a fast/light linux desktop along with a curation of security tools and resources that are relevant for professionals, instructors, and students alike.
In support of this objective, the RŌNIN project is guided by two main goals:
* Focus on Continual Learning - The project provides a platform for continual learning by providing not only a professional tool-set but also easy access to relevant documentation, resources, and training.
* Process Driven Approach- The project's tool layout integrates a process driven approach to reflect structured engagements using such standards as PTES.
*Work Platform - While RŌNIN, can be run as VM, it is pre-loaded with popular desktop applications to provide a viable professional work platform.
- Large Curation of Security Tools: Data Forensics, Penetration Testing, and IR tools.
- Process-Driven Menu System: Tool layout based on professional engagement standards.
- Resource Links: One-click access to Cheat Sheets, Compliance Sites, Videos and more.
- Update system: Easy to keep security program databases up-to-date.
- Marketplace: For easy links to books, commercial products, and donation pages for favorite tools.
- RŌNIN Repository - Regular update of platform and tool-set.
- "Web-tools" - Inclusion of useful web-sites that provide DFIR & PT related services.