Rufus is still being localized in multiple languages (to find the ones that are lined up, see Login or Signup to view links / downloads), but more volunteers are needed to translate the languages that are still missing.
Right now I am especially interested in finding translators for Japanese as well as Swedish, so please have a look at the Login or Signup to view links / downloads, and if you feel you're up to the challenge, let me know.
I am also exceedingly interested in finding translators for this webpage, especially for German,Indonesian and Spanish. If you speak one of these languages and would like users of Rufus to see this page localized, please have a look Login or Signup to view links / downloads.
>> Download <<
Last updated 2014.01.21:
Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Lietuvių,Magyar, Nederlands, Polski, Português, Русский, Română, Slovenščina, Türkçe, 简体中文, 正體中文, 한국어.
Windows XP or later, 32 or 64 bit doesn't matter. Once downloaded, the application is ready to use.
I will take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the translators who made it possible for Rufus, as well as this webpage, to be translated in various languages. If you find that you can use Rufus in your own language, you should really thank them!
Download the executable and run it – no installation is necessary.
The executable is digitally signed and the signature should state:
- "Akeo Consulting" (v1.3.0 or later)
- "Pete Batard - Open Source Developer" (v1.2.0 or earlier)
Notes on DOS support:
If you create a DOS bootable drive and use a non-US keyboard, Rufus will attempt to select a keyboard layout according to the locale of your system. In that case, Login or Signup to view links / downloads, which is the default selection, is recommended over MS-DOS, as it supports more keyboard layouts.
Notes on ISO Support:
All versions of Rufus since v1.1.0 allow the creation of a bootable USB from an Login or Signup to view links / downloads (.iso).
Creating an ISO image from a physical disc or from a set of files is very easy to do however, through the use of a CD burning application, such as the freely available Login or Signup to view links / downloads or Login or Signup to view links / downloads.
Notes on UEFI & GPT support:
Since version 1.3.2, Rufus support UEFI as well as GPT for installation media, meaning that it will allow you to install Windows 7, Windows 8 or Linux in full EFI mode.
However, Windows Vista or later is required for full UEFI/GPT support. Because of OS limitations, Windows XP restricts the creation of UEFI bootable drives to MBR mode.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A Rufus FAQ is available Login or Signup to view links / downloads.
To provide feedback, report a bug or request an enhancement, please use the github Login or Signup to view links / downloads. Or you can send an e-mail.
Login or Signup to view links / downloads or later.
You are free to distribute, modify or even sell the software, insofar as you respect the GPLv3 license.
Rufus is produced in a 100% transparent manner, from its Login or Signup to view links / downloads, using a Login or Signup to view links / downloads environment.
- Version 1.4.3 (2014.01.21) [BUGFIX RELEASE]
- Fix format operation not starting on Windows XP (reported by ank91)
- Version 1.4.2 (2014.01.18)
- Add USB Attached SCSI (Login or Signup to view links / downloads) support (NEW)
- Add Login or Signup to view links / downloads support (NEW)
- Add NTFS UEFI support, for targets that can support it (NEW)
- Add insertion detection for USB memory card readers (NEW)
- Add retry when writing ISO files... again
- Add Chinese (Simplified) translation, courtesy of 佚名
- Add Indonesian translation, courtesy of Abe Akatsuki
- Add Malay translation, courtesy of Muhammad Aman
- Add Portuguese (Portugal) translation, courtesy of Fernando Baptista
- Speed up boot record cleanup, for slow drives
- Improve initial locale detection
- Save user selected locale between sessions (NEW)
- Always use English locale in the log, where possible
- Fix detection for some SanDisk, Kingston, HP and Toshiba drives
- Fix a potential issue with drive letter assignation
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Login or Signup to view links / downloads