AWUS036H v AWUS036NHR v Kasens G9000 (RT3070)

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking Cards' started by Mr. Penguin, 14 Sep 2012.

1. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

2. air_pull91

air_pull91 Well-Known Member

If im using rtl8187 i can still connected to n network but with lower speed right?

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk

3. Remington

VIP

Correct as as long as the router is set to b/g/n or g/n but routers are set to b/g/n by default.

4. JaneDoe

JaneDoe Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but a average USB port cannot supply 6000mw. Wouldnt you need a Y splitter?

5. Remington

VIP

That's OK because no wifi adapter needs anywhere near 6000mw :eek:. Don't believe everything it says on the box. I use the Y adapter from my dead NHR for my adapters now and they are plugged in a A/C powered hub so my mobo ports aren't stressed.

#25 Remington, 16 Jan 2014
    Last edited: 16 Jan 2014
  6. JaneDoe

JaneDoe Member

Its just that my logic says that if there isnt enough of the power its asking for then it might impact its performance? Am I wrong?

7. Remington

VIP

My logic says, if my Kasens adapters really needed 6w then why they only give you 1 usb cable? Maybe because it doesn't need it? The only adapter I know of that supplies a y cable is the NHR. If you are so worried you can get a y usb cable on ebay, but I only use one because I already have one.

8. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

6000mw= Charcoal :D
    I agree with Remington...Alfa's NHR does need 2W...there is also another one (not Alfa) which at the moment I cant remember the name of it (and I used to own one :facepalm:) but, it had to connect to 2 USB ports through the same cable (USB "Y" cable) which means it was designed for that wattage.

#28 ImJoJo, 26 Jan 2014
    Last edited: 26 Jan 2014
  9. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Have one at the moment into my R36. Wonder if I can power them both somehow :wideyed:. Working fine with one atm.

10. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

For a moment you got me thinking "why would Mr. Penguin have a USB Y cable on a car?" (Volkswagen R36):facepalm:
    Alfa R36 is what you're talking about..but yeah It will work fine with one only and to be honest, when I would plug both into the USB ports I did NOT see any difference.

PS: Long time no see..well..not literally :D

11. mehran

mehran Member

Hi...i would like to buy one of your products (network); I need your guidanc; i'd like to know which model is the best!
    please have a comparision and tell me about them...i need some information abuot quality of these three models that i write below like the comparision that you set on the first page of your website...

Alfa AWUS036H
    Alfa AWUS036NHA
    Alfa AWUS036NHR v2

thank you ...:shame: